How do I become Infant and Child (Pediatric) CPR Certified?

Posted by Care Courses

Jun 1, 2018 3:45:11 PM

Virtually all states have requirements regarding infant and child (pediatric) CPR certification for caregivers. Make sure you follow your state’s specific regulations. CDA candidates also need a current CPR and first-aid certificate to obtain or renew their credential.

You will need hands-on training to learn the steps of pediatric CPR. The following sources provide pediatric CPR training:

The American Heart Association
American Red Cross
National Security Council

All adults who care for children should be trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first-aid, and injury prevention. You should take a course in CPR and first-aid from a certified instructor before taking responsibility for the care of a child. Be prepared to act quickly, calmly, and appropriately in emergency situations.

Please let us know how we can be of additional assistance! Call us: 1-800-685-7610, Monday through Friday, 9–5 ET, or email us days, evenings and weekends: We’re here to help!

Topics: Training For My State

About Care Courses

Care Courses has been providing distance learning courses for early childhood professionals since 1990. Our courses are delivered to you either via US Mail or on your computer, and can be used for the CDA and many state training requirements. We offer over 60 excellent, convenient courses in a wide variety of interesting, helpful topics, and our courses have no time limits. Do them wherever and whenever you wish. Visit our website to access our course listings.

Recent Posts

Click here to Subscribe!