Today we’re going to be learning how to open, download and print the PDF of your Online Course.* The term “PDF” stands for “Portable Document File” and these files can be printed, downloaded, and read directly on your computer even if you’re not connected to the Internet. Care Courses offers PDF files of the course content within every Online Course to help make the learning experience as effective as possible.**
How to find the printable/downloadable PDF file of your Online Course:
- Login to your account at www.CareCourses.com and click the padlock in the top right corner.
- Click the “My Courses” tab, which is all the way on the right, under “Welcome” and your name.
- Once you click “My Courses,” enter your Enrollment Code and activate your course in the space provided. Activating your Enrollment Code will bring your course up on the course listing in the lower part of that screen. Click on the course title to enter the course.
- After clicking your course’s title, you’ll be brought to your course’s welcome page. On the left-hand side there will be a blue navigation menu. Underneath there will be a yellow button that reads “Print Course Content.”
- Click that button to view all PDF document files for this course. (Some courses - each course is different - have multiple files in addition to the course itself. Examples are: printable charts, or forms for parents to fill out.) The PDF file for the course itself will always be the last one displayed on this list. It will look like this:
“View [Course title] – PDF file”
So if, for example, you’re doing our course Money Management, it will read:
“View Money Management – PDF file”
- Click on the file name. You will then have the option to open the file or save it to your computer. You can print it without saving it – just select “Open” and then click the printer icon in the top left corner.
o If the PDF file is empty when you open it, or only the first page of the course is visible (with the rest blank), solve the problem by ensuring you are using the most recent version of Adobe’s PDF Reader Software.
Sometimes Apple and Microsoft computers have trouble opening our course PDF files. Once you have downloaded and installed the free Adobe Reader Software, find the downloaded PDF course file on your computer. Downloaded documents can usually be found in the Downloads folder, or directly on your desktop (your main screen). Once you find the PDF file of the course, use your mouse to right-click on it and choose the option “Open With.” Choose “Adobe Reader” (not “Reader” or “Preview”) to fully view and print the course material from the course PDFs. Sometimes when opening Adobe Reader for the first time, it will ask you if you would like it to be your default application for opening PDFs. If you want to have easier access to our PDFs in the future, click “Yes.” We find that Adobe Reader is the best and most reliable software program for opening all PDF files.
Note: The PDF course file does not include quizzes or answer sheets – you will do your quizzes directly in the Online Course system itself.
*Our mailed CourseBooks do not have printable PDF course files. The CourseBook is the professionally printed version of the course!
**Reading or downloading the PDF files of our Online Courses is not required. The course content in the PDF is exactly the same as what’s in the Online System. Most of our students do the Online Courses directly in our Online System. However, it can make the learning process easier to download and print some of the course!
Please let us know how we can be of additional assistance! Call us: 1-800-685-7610, Monday through Friday, 9-5 ET, or email us days, evenings and weekends: info@CareCourses.com. We’re happy to help!