Are you pursuing a National CDA? Are you ready to start your Professional Portfolio? Care Courses wants to help!
So how do you create your CDA Professional Portfolio?
Anyone pursuing their CDA Credential should purchase the Competency Standards Book, which is available through the CDA Council’s website. This book gives step-by-step instructions on how to build your Professional Portfolio.
The five main components to a Professional Portfolio are:
- The MY CDA Professional Portfolio cover sheet. This is a checklist of all the items you need in your Professional Portfolio.
- The Summary of MY CDA Education cover sheet, followed by all of your certificates, letters, and transcripts.
- The Family Questionnaire cover sheet, followed by your completed Family Questionnaires.
- Six Reflective Statements of Competence, followed by the related Resource Collection items as outlined on the MY CDA Professional Portfolio cover sheet.
- Your Professional Philosophy Statement. This is a summary of your professional viewpoint, which should reflect new ideas you learned through completing your training and portfolio.
You should have your Professional Portfolio completed by the time you apply for your CDA Credential.
Now that you have read through the steps above. Watch our video tutorial on how to prepare your CDA portfolio.
If you have not already, start working on your 120 hours of formal childcare training needed to apply for your CDA.
Have you located your professional development specialist yet? Do you have more questions about your CDA? Read the following blogs to learn more:
- Who is my CDA Professional Development Specialist?
- What’s an early childhood professional organization membership?
- What is My CDA Exam and Verification Visit Deadline?
For additional assistance with preparing your Professional Portfolio for your National CDA Verification Visit, contact our office! Call us: 1–800-685‑7610, Monday through Friday, 9–5 ET, or email us days, evenings and weekends: info@CareCourses.com. We’re here to help!