Are Care Courses accepted for professional development training?

You may be wondering if Care Courses are accepted for your state professional development training? That depends on the state where you work! Each state has different rules and regulations concerning childcare training, so it’s a good idea to do a little research before you start your in-service professional development training.

There are two ways we can help you find out if you can use Care Courses for your state training:

  1. On our website
  2. Over the phone or by email

On Our Website

At we have a webpage for each US state (as well as Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the District of Columbia, and all Canadian provinces) that provides more information about how Care Courses fit with training requirements. Click here to view our US pages.

From our main map page, click on the name of your state. Look for the heading “State Childcare Training Requirements” and read that section to learn more.

You can also find your state licensing agency’s contact information at the bottom of these pages. Your licensing agency can give you more information about your state’s training requirements.

Follow the same process above for Canada’s information. Click this page to view Canadian provinces. Voila! Now you will know how Care Courses are accepted for professional development training and in-service training.

Do you have other questions about Care Courses’ child care training? Check out our other FAQ blogs here.

Call us at 1-800-685-7610 and talk to one of our student support specialists to learn more about your state’s requirements and how Care Courses can help. We’re open Monday through Friday, 9-5 Eastern Time, and we’re always happy to help!

Leave a Reply Cancel reply