Caregivers often wonder what the proper procedure is for keeping the children they care for protected from the sun’s harmful rays. At Care Courses, our course Sun Safety tells you what you need to know.
All children need protection from the sun and this blog will give you some helpful tips and information to keep children safe while playing outdoors. The information provided comes directly from the course itself!
Although not all children burn easily when exposed to the sun, people of all skin types can develop many different maladies from too much unprotected exposure to the sun’s rays.
By following a few simple guidelines to protect ourselves from harmful UV rays, both children and adults can safely enjoy outdoor activities.
- Scheduling outdoor activities to avoid the time of the day when the sun’s UV rays are most intense.
- Making sure children are well hydrated before engaging in outdoor physical activity in warm weather.
- Making sure that children wear protective clothing, hats, and sunglasses when playing in the sun.
- Using sunscreen as part of your sun-protection plan.
- Staying in the shade whenever possible.
- Avoiding reflective surfaces.
Please let us know how we can be of additional assistance! Call us: 1-800-685-7610, Monday through Friday, 9-5 ET, or email us days, evenings and weekends: info@CareCourses.com. We’re here to help!