Caregivers often wonder what the proper procedure is for keeping children protected from the sun’s harmful rays. At Care Courses, our course Sun Safety tells you what you need to know about how you can protect your children form the sun.
All children need protection from the sun and this blog will give you some helpful tips and information to keep children safe while playing outdoors. The information provided comes directly from the course itself!
Although not all children burn easily when exposed to the sun, people of all skin types can develop many different maladies from too much unprotected exposure to the sun’s rays.
By following a few simple guidelines to protect ourselves from harmful UV rays, both children and adults can safely enjoy outdoor activities.
Guidelines for protecting children from the sun:
- Scheduling outdoor activities to avoid the time of the day when the sun’s UV rays are most intense.
- Making sure children are well hydrated before engaging in outdoor physical activity in warm weather.
- Making sure that children wear protective clothing, hats, and sunglasses when playing in the sun.
- Using sunscreen as part of your sun-protection plan.
- Staying in the shade whenever possible.
- Avoiding reflective surfaces.
Following these suggestions will help make sure that the children in your care stay safe and avoid the harmful impacts of too much sun exposure.
While sunlight benefits us physically, behaviorally, and emotionally, it can also be dangerous. Protecting children from the sun’s UV radiation, and teaching them life-long sun-safe habits, will allow them to safely take advantage of everything the outdoors has to offer. Read more about this subject in our blog on the Top Five Misconceptions about Sun-Safety.
Please let us know how we can be of additional assistance! Call us: 1–800-685‑7610, Monday through Friday, 9–5 ET, or email us days, evenings and weekends: info@CareCourses.com. We’re here to help!