Stress is a part of everyone’s lives. The causes of stress are many—ranging from small, everyday occurrences to large, life-changing events. We often think of stressful events as negative, but even joyful events can produce stress.
In addition to stresses that are part of everyday life, you have many opportunities to encounter stressful situations in the course of a typical workday. Interacting with children, maintaining relationships with their parents, and communicating with your supervisor or coworkers can all lead to stress.
In our Care Course The Early Childhood Professional, we include a stress test so you can calculate how more than 40 stress-causing events may be affecting your stress level. From personal illness, to difficulties at work, to just making it through the holidays, you’ll learn how much stress you have in your life.
Totally avoiding life’s many stressors is impossible, but you can focus on how to cope better when you are feeling stressed. The Early Childhood Professional offers the following recipe for how child care providers can deal with stress:
- Respond to it. The amount and degree of anxiety experienced will depend upon the situation.
- Pinpoint the cause of the stress and the effect the stress has on all concerned.
- Develop solutions for resolving the stressful situation.
- Select the best solution to relieve the stress.
- Carry out the chosen solution. It may be necessary to select another solution if the first is not effective.
- Master the stress in a reasonable way, which involves taking into account the needs of all concerned.
This course also covers sources, signs, and effects of stress in children and in families and ways to help them cope. Share below how you, as a child care provider, dealt with stress.
Are you experience stress or added stress as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic? Check out our COVID-19 resources for child care providers and parents to learn what you can do to protect yourself and others while working.
Please let us know how we can be of additional assistance! Call us: 1-800-685-7610, Monday through Friday, 9–5 ET, or email us days, evenings and weekends: info@CareCourses.com. We’re here to help!