At Care Cours­es, we receive a wide vari­ety of phone calls each day. One of the most fre­quent ques­tions is “How do I open a day­care in my home?” or “How can I start my own home child care?”  The answer to these ques­tions varies by state and/or province. Since we want to be sure you have the most accu­rate infor­ma­tion, the best advice that Care Cours­es can give you is to con­tact your local licens­ing office. They can tell you every­thing you would need to do to start home child care in your state.

The num­ber to call can be found by access­ing our State Licens­ing Page. Once you click on your state, scroll to the bot­tom of your state’s page. There you will find con­tact infor­ma­tion for your state’s licens­ing office. Once you speak with the licens­ing office and find out which require­ments you need to ful­fill, give us a call! If our cours­es are accept­ed for any of the require­ments you need to ful­fill, we can rec­om­mend cours­es based on the infor­ma­tion you’ve received from the licens­ing office.

Do you have oth­er ques­tions about Care Cours­es’ child care train­ing or licens­ing require­ments? Check out our oth­er FAQ blogs here.

Please let us know how we can be of addi­tion­al assis­tance! Call us: 1–800-685‑7610, Mon­day through Fri­day, 9–5 ET, or email us days, evenings and week­ends: We’re here to help!

Leave a Reply


%d bloggers like this: