Are you looking for a scholarship for your child care training? Do you need free child care training or discounted training? If you are a New York child care provider and would like to use an Educational Incentive Program (EIP) award to pay for Care Courses, you’re in luck! All Care Courses are eligible for funding through the State University of New York (SUNY) EIP program. This includes funding for our National CDA training sets, CDA renewal sets, and our NY 30-hours in 9 topic area trainings.
In order to use the SUNY EIP award to pay for NY child care training with Care Courses, you must first apply for the award. For more information about applying for the award, contact us by phone (1-800-295-9616) or apply online. To apply online for an award, go to the online EIP APPLICATION. If you are using the award funds towards your National CDA, make sure to fill out the CDA training EIP application form; this application is designed exclusively for CDA training.
Once you’ve applied, there are two ways you can use the EIP award to pay for child care training with Care Courses. You may use the award when placing the order initially or for reimbursement after you’ve placed your order. Please note that there are two award forms.
How can I place my Care Courses order using my SUNY EIP award?
If you want to order NY child care training with Care Courses using your EIP award, you have to receive your award first. Once you’ve applied for and are granted the award, you can place your order. How? Follow these simple steps:
- Sign the EIP award sent to you by SUNY.
- Fill out a Care Courses Order Form with your info, along with the order info that you gave to SUNY when you applied for the award.
- Mail both to Care Courses at P.O. Box 10526 Mclean, VA 22102 – we must receive the signed, original EIP award that SUNY sent to you. Forms cannot be faxed, scanned, or emailed.
- Once we receive your EIP award, we will process the order for your course(s) and either send you the CourseBooks or the enrollment codes for the online courses (whichever format you indicated on your Care Courses Order Form).
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 1-800-685-7610!
I need to place my order now but I still want to apply for the EIP award to pay for the Care Courses training, how can I receive reimbursement?
If you’ve already placed an order or need to place an order ASAP and still want to use the EIP award for reimbursement, Care Courses can help!
Once you’ve applied for and are granted the award:
- Order your Care Courses online or by giving us a call at 1-800-685-7610. Write down your order number.
- Sign the EIP award sent to you by SUNY.
- Write a letter indicating that you are submitting the EIP award to Care Courses for reimbursement. Include the Care Courses order number for the courses that you received the award for.
- Mail that original, signed award along with the note to Care Courses at P.O. Box 10526 Mclean, VA 22102.
- Once we receive the EIP award and your note, Care Courses will process a refund for the order you placed.
All Care Courses are eligible for funding through SUNY’s Educational Incentive Program (aka EIP awards).
How do I fill out the EIP application form for Care Courses?
Make sure to fill out the correct EIP application. There is an EIP application for continuing education and one specifically for CDA training. Make sure to read the entire application.
Here are a few tips for completing the application for Care Courses:
- The delivery type is “Distance Learning/Online Training”
- The training type is “Training/Conference/Workshop”
- The training start date is an estimate of when you will begin your training. We recommend about two weeks after the date you complete your application.
- The training end date is the last calendar date of that year.
SUNY requires all courses paid for through EIP to be completed in the same calendar year that the award was granted. EIP scholarship applications must be received by December 1st of a calendar year to be considered for training in that calendar year.
Can I use my EIP award for my Child Development Associate (CDA) training and assessment fee?
Yes, EIP awards can be used to pay for NY continuing education training, National CDA training, the CDA assessment fee, CDA renewal training and the CDA renewal fee. EIP awards cannot be used to pay for the CDA Council’s competency standards book.
Please let us know how we can answer your NY EIP questions and be of additional assistance! Call us: 1-800-685-7610, Monday through Friday, 9-5 ET, or email us days, evenings, and weekends: info@CareCourses.com. We’re here to help!