Are you looking for a scholarship for your New York childcare training? Do you need free childcare training or discounted training? Are you wondering, “how do I use a New York EIP award to pay for training?”
Educational Incentive Program (EIP)
If you are a New York child care provider and would like to use an Educational Incentive Program (EIP) award to pay for Care Courses, you’re in luck! All Care Courses are eligible for funding through the State University of New York (SUNY) EIP program. You can use this funding for our CDA training sets, CDA renewal sets, and our NY 30-hours in 10 topic area training.
In order to use the SUNY EIP award to pay for NY child care training with Care Courses, you must first apply for the award. For more information about applying for the award, give us a call at 1–800-685‑7610 or go to the SUNY University of Albany’s Professional Development Program website.
To start the process, decide which Care Courses you want to complete. Then create your personal Care Courses account.
Once you have created your Care Courses account, log in or create an Early Childhood Education and Training Program (ECETP) account. Then, complete your online EIP APPLICATION. Please call us at 1–800-685‑7610 if you are using a paper application. When applying for a CDA training set, make sure to specify which CDA setting you want your training in: Preschool Center-Based, Infant/Toddler Center-Based, or Family Home.
Once you’ve applied online, wait for EIP to processes your application. You will then receive an email notifying you of your award or if additional documentation is required. Click on the link in the email from SUNY to accept the terms and conditions and electronically sign your EIP award. Looking for your award status? You can check the status of your application using the EIP award status search here.
There are two ways you can use the EIP award to pay for child care training with Care Courses. You may use the award when placing the order initially or for reimbursement after you’ve placed your order. Below is an explanation of each method:
How can I place my Care Courses order using my SUNY EIP award?
If you want to order NY child care training with Care Courses using your EIP award, you have to receive your award first. Once you’ve applied for and are granted the award, you can place your order. How? Follow these simple steps:
- Digitally sign the EIP award sent to you by SUNY using the link in the approval email.
- Log into or create your Care Courses account and make sure your contact information is up to date and the email address in your Care Courses account matches the email address you used to apply for your EIP award. You can update your email address under the My Information area of your Care Courses account.
- Email Care Courses at email@example.com to indicate which course format you want (online courses or CourseBook courses with online submission). Indicate what courses you have applied for using your EIP award and the date you signed the award in the email.
- Once we receive the signed online award, we will review and accept award. We will contact you if additional information is needed. We will then process the order for your course(s) and either send you the CourseBooks or the enrollment codes for the online courses (whichever format you indicated in your email to us).
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 1–800-685‑7610!
I need to place my order now but I still want to apply for the EIP award to pay for the Care Courses training, how can I receive reimbursement?
If you’ve already placed an order or need to place an order ASAP and still want to use the EIP award for reimbursement, Care Courses can help!
Once you’ve applied for and are granted the award:
- Order your Care Courses online or by giving us a call at 1–800-685‑7610. Write down your order number
- Email Care Courses at email@example.com indicating that you are submitting an EIP award to Care Courses for reimbursement. Include the Care Courses order number for the courses that you received the award for.
- Digitally sign the online EIP award sent to you by SUNY
- Once we receive the online EIP award and your email, Care Courses will process a refund for the order you original placed up to the value of the EIP award.
All Care Courses are eligible for funding through SUNY’s Educational Incentive Program (aka EIP awards).
How do I fill out the EIP application form for Care Courses?
Review the questions in the online EIP application. Make sure to read the entire application.
Here are a few tips for completing the application for Care Courses:
- The delivery type is “Distance Learning/Online Training”
- The training type is “Training/Conference/Workshop”
- The training start date is an estimate of when you will begin your training. We recommend about three weeks after the date you complete your application.
- The training end date is the last calendar date of that year.
SUNY requires all courses paid for through EIP to be completed in the same calendar year that the award was granted. EIP scholarship applications must be received by December 1st of a calendar year to be considered for training in that calendar year.
Can I use my EIP award for my Child Development Associate (CDA) training and assessment fee?
Yes, EIP awards can be used to pay for NY continuing education training, CDA credential training, the CDA assessment fee, CDA renewal training and the CDA renewal fee. EIP awards cannot be used to pay for the CDA Council’s competency standards book.
Interested in Learning More About the CDA?
Check out our blog What Can You Do With A CDA? to learn more!
Care Courses Support
Please let us know how we can answer your NY EIP questions and be of additional assistance! Call us: 1–800-685‑7610, Monday through Friday, 9–5 ET, or email us days, evenings, and weekends: info@CareCourses.com. We’re here to help!