Care Courses offers training in two distance learning formats: Online Courses and CourseBooks. Often we are asked, “Which is better?” The answer is pretty simple: It depends on your preference and needs!
Each format has unique advantages, which will help you decide if it’s the best choice for your situation. First, let’s talk about what is the same in both formats:
- Tuition cost. The fee you pay is a tuition fee so there is no difference in the price of a course regardless of the format you choose. Shipping, grading and unlimited support are all free.
- Training content. You will learn the same information in each format.
- No expiration date. Neither format has a time limit. Start your courses at any time, and take as much time as you need to complete them. They never expire!
- Unlimited student support. Our staff is here to help by email and phone.
So what’s different? The two main differences between the formats are speed and flexibility. First let’s look at Online Courses:
- Online Courses are delivered to you immediately after you complete your purchase. You don’t have to wait for your course to arrive in the mail if you are in a hurry to get your clock hours, or just want a course you can quickly read over the weekend.
- Online Courses can be accessed from any computer, anywhere. The courses live on the internet, so anywhere you have access to the web, you will have access to your course.
- Online Courses include a printable document file of the course you can print on your own printer.
Next let’s take a look at CourseBooks:
- CourseBooks can be taken with you easily wherever you go. They are ideal for taking with you to work, the park, or reading in bed. You can underline, highlight, and dog-ear pages. No Internet connection is necessary and the books are easy on the eyes!
- CourseBooks make great additions (or a start) to your professional reference library. Many of our students tell us how nice it is to be able to refer back to the information in the CourseBook, even years after they have taken the course. Courses often include recipes, activities, and instructions, which you may want to refer to or share with others later.
- CourseBooks have 2 quiz submission options: Mail and Online. This means you can submit your coursework by whichever means you are most comfortable with. The online quiz option for the CourseBooks means your work is graded as quickly as it would be with a fully Online Course.
So, you can see that each format has its advantages. Which option do I prefer? I find that the CourseBook option is the better choice unless you are in an immediate hurry. For me, the flexibility of the book outweighs the advantages of the Online Courses. Being able to hold a book in your hands, being able to take notes and highlight sections, and being able to refer back to the course at a moment’s notice far outweighs having to wait a few days to receive the book in the mail. So unless you need your hours right away, I always recommend getting the CourseBook – it’s worth the wait.
Ready to get started? Looking for your Care Courses enrollment code to activate your course online? Check out our blog: Where is my Care Courses Enrollment Code?
Please let us know how we can be of additional assistance! Call us: 1-800-685-7610, Monday through Friday, 9-5 ET, or email us days, evenings and weekends: info@CareCourses.com. We’re here to help!