Have you com­plet­ed your CDA train­ing and are now fill­ing out your appli­ca­tion? If so you might be won­der­ing “Who is my CDA Pro­fes­sion­al Devel­op­ment Spe­cial­ist?” or “Where can I find a PD Spe­cial­ist?” or “Do I know my PD Spe­cial­ist?”  Look no fur­ther because Care Cours­es is here to help!

 A PD Spe­cial­ist is an ear­ly child­hood pro­fes­sion­al who is trained and endorsed by The Coun­cil for Pro­fes­sion­al Recog­ni­tion to con­duct your ver­i­fi­ca­tion visit.

Your PD Spe­cial­ist can­not be an imme­di­ate rel­a­tive, a cur­rent direc­tor or super­vi­sor, or a co-work­er in your same group/classroom.

So, where can you find your PD Specialist?

The Coun­cil has cre­at­ed a Find-A-PD Spe­cial­ist Online Direc­to­ry which you can access via the Council’s web­site, www.cdacouncil.org.  Type in your zip code or city and state, click on Find-a-PDS, and spe­cial­ists in your area will appear.  The instruc­tions for locat­ing and con­tact­ing your PD Spe­cial­ist can also be found in your Com­pe­ten­cy Stan­dards book.

If you expe­ri­ence trou­ble find­ing or con­tact­ing a PD Spe­cial­ist, the Coun­cil has a PD Spe­cial­ist depart­ment that you can call for assis­tance.  Reach them by phone at 1–800-424‑4310.

Once the PD Spe­cial­ist agrees to con­duct your ver­i­fi­ca­tion vis­it, they will pro­vide you with their iden­ti­fi­ca­tion num­ber.  You will need to include their num­ber on your CDA application.

Care Courses Support

Please con­tact us and let us know how we can be of addi­tion­al assis­tance! Call us: 1–800-685‑7610, Mon­day through Fri­day, 9–5 ET, or email us days, evenings and week­ends: info@CareCourses.com. We’re here to help!”

Leave a Reply


%d bloggers like this: